4-H, Accra, Africa, Agriculture, Agvocating, Blogging, Boer Goats, Corn, County Fair, Diversity, Drought, Farming, FFA, Ghana, Grades, Harmony Hill, Harvest, ISEP, Legon, Lists, Missouri, Missouri 4-H, Missouri State Fair, Photography, Showmanship, Study Abroad, Study Away, Summary, Tell your story, Travels, University of Ghana, Wedding
Welcome Back! I know it has been a few months since I have blogged so let me first update you on a few important milestones in my life.
10 Points To Sum Up My Summer!
- I completed my Freshman year with grades that I was happy with, and if I was still in elementary school I would have received 6 smiley faces on my grade card
- I was honored to serve as the Official Photographer for the Missouri 4-H Foundation Clover Classic Golf Tournament!
- My sister, Mary, married the love of her life, Kyle, on a beautiful June day. And, although there was a 70% chance of rain, the rain abided by our wishes and rained everywhere but on the outside ceremony
- As with the rest of the Midwest, North Central Missouri was struck by a drought all summer long. Rain is still needed but crops could be harvested, if the corn was not cut for Silage (First time I had seen that in my life!) Crop yields were low, but varied greatly from 7-60 Bushels/acre for corn.
- County Fair was a success! I was crowned the 2012 Carroll County Fair Queen! 🙂 J. Sykes Studio was gracious enough to shoot my photos for the Miss Missouri State Fair Queen Contest. I had a blast at the queen contest at the Missouri State Fair meeting new friends, gaining professional experience and highlighting what being proud of the Missouri State Fair really meant to me.
- My wether Sam received Grand Champion Wether at the Carroll County Fair, Reserve Grand Champion Wether at the Livingston County Fair and both of my wethers stood 4th at the Missouri State Fair in two highly competitive classes.
- I received Senior Showmanship at the Carroll County Fair and Livingston County Fair(4 out of 4 years!) and was in the Top 10 Senior 4-H Showmen at the Missouri State Fair
- Harmony Hill Farm, my second home at college where I am employed received high honors at the 2012 National ABGA Show in Duncan, Oklahoma. Including National Grand Champion Percentage Doe, National Grand Champion Best Pair Senior Percentage Does, National Grand Champion Percentage Get of Sire and National Reserve Champion Percentage Exhibitor.
- I officially applied to Study Abroad for the Spring 2013 Semester through ISEP at the University of Ghana-Legon in September- *Stay tuned for updates very soon!*
- I became a published photographer TODAY! Thanks my participation in the Missouri 4-H Photo Corps, I was honored to be published in the October 2012 Issue of the Missouri Ruralist.
Hope this is able to catch you up to speed on my life for the past five months. As Study Away time gets closer look for more and more posts!
🙂 Until then, Stay Happy! 🙂